Now that we are all doing our part to “flatten the curve,” we are all working ONLINE now more than we ever have before. We are being asked to work from home, continue our education via e-learning and stay in touch with family and friends via the internet.
It’s the perfect time to do a privacy and security check up!
A great way to do that is to change your passwords or make sure that they are as strong as they can be.
Here are some tips for safer passwords:
– Passwords should be at least 7 characters long
– Make sure they include one number and one symbol
-Make sure they include one uppercase letter and one lowercase letter
-Passwords should NOT be shared between different websites
-Keep them written down in a safe place that you can access at any time, preferably not on your mobile device.
Project B3 Tips:
– Don’t share your personal passwords with anyone, even friends.
– It MAY be good idea however, to take note of your school logins and share them with your parents for safe keeping and to make sure you have all your info handy to keep up on schoolwork
– Passwords should not be shared between different websites